22 inches of Silver Buddy Braids
1 Nickel-Plated Lobster Clasp
1 Nickel-Plated 5mm Split Ring
2 Silver-Plated Crimp Tubes
24 Black Onyx 4mm Round Semi-Precious Beads
55 Rose Quartz Semi-Precious Chips
60 Amethyst Semi-Precious Chips
by Kim Connors
1. Start the necklace by taking a crimp tube and string it
onto one end of the wire about a ½” from the end.
2. Take the clasp and string it onto the same end of the wire the
crimp tube is on.
3. Take your wire and string it back through the crimp tube.
See figure 1.
4. Take a pair of pliers and squeeze the crimp tube until you cannot pull the wire
back through. Do not trim the excess; simply string the beads on the wire and the ½”
extra wire you have.
5. Start stringing your beads:
I.String 1 Black Onyx Round Bead, 5 Amethyst Chips, 1 Black Onyx Round Bead,
5 Rose Quartz Chips, 1 Black Onyx Round Bead.
II. Repeat this 10 times or until your necklace is your desired length.
III. Add 5 Amethyst Chips and 1 Black Onyx Round Bead.
6. Add a crimp tube and the split ring.
7. Take your wire and string back through the crimp tube. String the wire through
approximately ½ inch of the last beads you added (I went through the last set of
Amethyst Chips). Pull the wire tight making the jump ring close to the crimp tube.
See figure 2. While holding the wire use your pliers and squeeze the crimp tube so the
wire will not pull out. Trim the extra wire.